Small Householder Application

I will meet you at your property to discuss your requirements and advise whether they meet the criteria set out in the “The Town and Country Planning Act 1990” and “Statutory Instrument 2362”

Certificate of Lawful Development

Many projects like loft conversions, single storey rear and side extensions can be built under the Permitted Development remit, in this case I advise you obtain ‘a Certificate of Lawful Development’, so that you can be certain of the legality of your build before spending money on it. The process is much the same as a planning application but can be quicker and the fee for the council is less.

The Process

If planning consent is required I will prepare a full planning application do all the necessary drawings on CAD, submit and manage on your behalf. Typically planning consent takes 8 – 12 weeks including our time to prepare drawings and application..

The documents required are full elevation and floor plans of the property showing existing and proposed schemes along with a block plan and site location plan showing exact location of property relative to neighbouring properties design and access statement.

The Cost

The cost to you will be the Council planning fee which is around £172 (at the moment), My fee starts at £400 for a small extension, payable when you see the drawings. I will endeavour to quote a fixed fee and will usually keep to it unless exceptional circumstances create more work on the project.

Guidance can be found at

General Planning Application

The Planning process for other applications can be various. I will assess your requirements and advise you of the costs etc.


Building Control

Most projects need Building Control Approval I will advise you on this at our first meeting